If you are currently asking yourself the question - "Do I have acid reflux disease?" then it is time to investigate this painful and rather life changing condition to work out whether or not it is time to visit your doctor.
There are a few symptoms that are commonly associated with digestive diseases and conditions such as GERD and acid reflux disease and if you are noticing one of more of these symptoms, it is perhaps time to visit a medical professional that can better diagnose your symptoms. Home or self diagnosis will not get you the treatment that you will need so the only way to be safe and healthy is to visit your doctor.
Among the main symptoms of acid reflux disease, you may notice the following:
1. Heartburn. This is commonly described as a rather painful burning sensation within the chest area and can go as far down as the stomach and as far up as the neck
2. Pain in the chest, either constant or a nasty stabbing pain
3. Regurgitating food back from the gullet into the mouth
4. Trouble when swallowing both liquids and food
5. Sore throat and hoarseness when trying to talk
6. Erosion of the teeth and gums caused by the acid reaching the mouth
7. Asthma (This is normally due to the acid that is travelling where it should reaching the area around the lungs or throat)
These symptoms can happen all at once or in stages and all of them are very uncomfortable to have to deal with. They have the ability to seriously interfere with ones life and even lead to days taken from work as sick and not being able to leave the house due to the painful nature of the heartburn.
For those that have not suffered from heartburn, this can be one of the most painful things to ever have to go through and also one of the most difficult things to explain.
The symptoms of acid reflux disease can continue for many months and even longer, getting more and more painful as the time goes if it has not been treated in the correct manner.
Acid reflux Treatment can take the shape of many things from medication that your doctor may have prescribed for you to massive lifestyle changes that can make the difference between painful symptoms of acid reflux disease to bearable ones.